Summer 2024 Newsletter - Healing Manifestations

Alaafia Reader, whatcha know good?

With the upcoming full moon and Summer upon us, this is an excellent time to channel your energy into manifesting what you want for your life and well-being. I've been thinking this past week about what Summer would look like if we all truly focused on healing ourselves while taking advantage of the great weather and access to nature.

What are you hoping to manifest in your healing this Summer?

In the last month, I've been traveling and visiting with family and friends along the Southeastern coast. Currently, I'm back in Atlanta again for the first time in 13 years. It's hard to believe I left here in 2011 and haven't been back to visit until now. A lot has changed, but there is still some things that remain unchanged. It's been a great atmosphere to tap back into my memory bank. Over 20 years ago, I arrived as a 17-year old girl to Oglethorpe University, ready to make my mark on the world. I've grown so much and have gained a lot of experience since then.

It's been very healing to reconnect with my younger self again and honor the ways her bravery and fearlessness took the risks needed to get us to where we are today. Man, if only we could go back in time to our younger selves again just to check in. What would we say? How would they receive us?

I think they would help us remember what it felt like when the world felt so big. That sense of innocence and wonder is so precious. Many of us lose it over time, but I'm thankful she's still there and I hope to continue bringing her along for the next decades to come. Low-key, being tapped in with my younger side also helps one stay youthful and slows down aging too! Asé!

So much of who we are and who we become depends on the health of our energy centers within the body. Specifically, our root chakra grounds our identity, our sacral chakra holds our emotions, our solar plexus chakra drives our self-determination and self-confidence, our heart chakra cultivates our inner love, our throat chakra commands our voices, our third eye chakra gives us ideas, visions, & spiritual connection, and our crown chakra sources us wisdom and morality. In the Summer months, the Solar Plexus rules the season as it is our Sun Center.

In ancient times, the Summer Solstice represented the season of healing. The golden rays from the Sun were not just for perfect beach weather or copping a tan, but rather, a powerful energy source to harness your internal healing power. It's time we reclaim the practice of leveraging sacred solar energy to infuse us to thrive in mind-body-spirit. This is the season to activate your Sun Centers for cultivating self-determination, self-worth, and our power to manifest.

>>>>>>>Read my article here on Substack to learn how solar plexus dysfunction can cause common diseases that tend to exacerbate in the Summer and how to start healing it <<<<<<<

This month's issue:

• Practice Updates: Online Course Sale & New Substack
  • Juneteenth: New Recipe & Revolutionary Article
  • ICYMI: This month's roundup of wellness news

Follow Dr. Ray on YouTube & Substack:

Summer Course Sale - 60% OFF 4-Week Natural Healing Course

Sale This Week Only: 6/18 - 6/21

Start your Summer healing now by enrolling in my best-selling and 5-star rated Natural Wellness 101 course today. Get over $130 off in savings, making this the lowest price yet at $88.80!

Don't miss out on this rare discount. Enroll today!

Use coupon code at checkout: summerhealing

Sale expires June 21st at Midnight EST

Follow me on Substack:

Join me on Substack

Last week, I launched my new Substack and I'm loving it! This is the new spot to be, as I am retiring from posting on IG, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Those platforms are horrible and I'm fed up with being shadow-banned. I will post all my new content on Substack moving forward. Subscribe for free or become a paid subscriber to gain extra benefits!

Here are a few recent posts you may enjoy:

Please support this special space and work by sharing my Substack and YouTube Podcast here.

Celebrating Juneteenth:

Get the recipe for Hibiscus Ginger Sweet Tea Soda

Carla Hall shares a delicious Summer beverage recipe and why red foods and drinks have become powerful symbols for Juneteenth.

5 Revolutionary African-Based Customs That Saved Us During Slavery and Beyond

I'm resharing the article I wrote on Medium two years ago honoring Juneteenth. The article discusses the incredible ways our ancestors survived against all odds using African-based customs. Worth the read!

ICYMI: News & Wellness You Want to Know

This Summer, I'm trying a new format for sharing links. Click the blue or highlighted words to read the full article of the link.

Let's start with the good news for egg lovers - eggs are not the culprit of high cholesterol and can actually help lower cholesterol levels because of the lecithin in the egg yolks.

As the weather gets hotter, many of us are looking forward to cooling off with delicious cold watermelon. But slow down on grabbing that watermelon slice if you have chronic kidney disease. A high intake of watermelon is not recommended for severe to moderate CKD patients due to the high levels of potassium in the fruit.

Did you know that there are ancient eye care exercises that might help prevent and even clear up cataracts? You may want to start adding these exercises to your daily routine if you're at cataract risk.

If you're planning a Dry Summer (sans alcohol) or want some new mocktail ideas, be sure to check out these nootropic mocktails that give you all the flavor and brain-boosting power without using any alcohol.

BECOME PATIENT HERE
BOOK NEXT FOLLOW-UP
BOOK A READING HERE
ONLINE COURSES

Let's Work Together!

I'm currently accepting new patients nationwide.

For New Hampshire and California: I can serve as your telemedicine Primary Care Physician (PCP). This means I can order labs, prescribe & manage pharma-meds (if needed), diagnose, and treat.

For those who live in the other 48 states: I can serve as your Consulting Telehealth Physician to give you naturopathic wellness coaching, order functional labs, and recommend natural & nutritional therapies.

Telemedicine and Naturopathic Consults are available nationwide.

Book a free discovery call to learn more.

Medical Mediumship & Intuitive Services

Need deeper insight or universal sign(s) for which steps to take in your life right now?

Intuitive Readings are available for holistic spiritual coaching and self-cultivation.

Medical Mediumship Readings help to uncover hidden health concerns of your mind/body/soul you need to support or heal at this present time.

You don't need to be an active patient to book. Anyone can schedule a reading with Dr. Ray - Book Here.

Connect with Me:

Community is Everything! Without community, we cannot succeed, grow, or heal.

I depend on my subscribers and social followers to help me keep doing what I love - teaching and healing the world with naturopathic + indigenous medicine. Please take a moment to show some love below by subscribing to my Substack publication and YouTube channel!

SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNELS

Of course, if you have any feedback or questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Peace and Love!

Dr. Ray (Revée Barbour), ND MS

Naturopathic & Functional Medicine Physician

Metaphysician & Medical Medium

A Dose of Vitamin Ray - Wellness Newsletter

Greetings! My name is Dr. Ray, ND MS and I specialize in helping busy individuals overcome chronic illness, reverse burnout, and restore vitality using natural and indigenous medicine designed for modern living. With almost a decade of experience as a primary care doctor and over 2,000 patients served, I am proud to have been featured in respected publications such as Forbes Health, MindBodyGreen, US News & World Report, and EatThisNotThat! Each month, I send out a free "A Dose of Vitamin Ray" e-newsletter to offer expert information on using naturopathic medicine, indigenous healing practices, nutrition, lifestyle, and other wellness resources to support your daily well-being. Subscribers gain access to valuable tips, health research, herbal remedies, healthy recipes, and more. Join my healthy community by subscribing today!

Read more from A Dose of Vitamin Ray - Wellness Newsletter

Happy Solar Eclipse Reader! I hope you get a chance to check out this incredible cosmic event today. Some places can see it better than others, so Here is a link for more info. In my weekly reading, I touch base on what the solar eclipse in Aries may reflect about our health as a collective. Watch my video below! New Video Alert See the latest video reading from Dr. Ray Click Here to View Also, if you missed my newsletter last week, check out my latest blog posts for Spring Pre-Tox and Detox...

Welcome to Spring Reader! My forsythia bushes are a brilliant yellow right now and so pretty to see in bloom. When Spring arrived, I felt instantly relieved and lighter. As someone with seasonal affective disorder, it's amazing what longer days with sunshine can do for the soul! Reader, how are you feeling now that Spring is here? If you're still trying to shake off the Winter Blues, maybe a Spring Cleanse will give you the energy, mood, and immune boost you need. In this issue, I'm sharing...

What's good Reader? I hope life is beautiful for you right now because you were made for joy and peace. I pray your heart's desires are in full fruition! But I also know, that many of us have been in a struggle or are currently trying to fight through a struggle right now too. I truly think when we all can start being more honest and vulnerable, with the right people, it will bring more peace, joy, and freedom to us all. Along that same vibe, this month I’m getting real about finding a...